Sports Days is a great way schools encourage children to be active without realizing! Like climbing frames they are like stealth exercise.
This is an event in which children take part in competitive sporting activities often to win prizes or trophies. Games that are played on ‘Sports Days’ are varied from your straight forward sprints and longer races for all ages as well as egg and spoon races, three legged races and the sack race!
All kids should be physically active for a minimum of 1 hour a day, this can be encouraged by finding activities and hobbies that interest them.
While running around and playing in the park is seen to be great fun for the children, it is an easy way that you as a parent can stay in control of them and help to maintain a healthy weight.
Having physical exercise every day helps a child to build strong muscles and health bones as well as make friends and improve confidence.
Here are 5 great tips for keeping a child active;
- Go for a fun family roller skating session
- Walking the dog round the park
- Fly a kite on them windy days
- Build a den in the garden that your children can get hours of fun out of
- Supporting the kids in any activities that they may take interest in
Also here is a short list of the many benefits being active can have on your child;
- Stronger muscles and bones
- leaner body adn more control over body fat
- decreased risk of developing type 2 Diabetes
- better and happier outlook on life